Rebel Programmable Message Display
The Rebel™ Programmable Message Display Series comes with its own Rebel™ Control Software. Easy setup and simple to operate, this outdoor, variable message sign is ideal for communicating with pedestrians as well as traffic moving at slow to moderate speeds.
The Rebel Message Display features an amber or red monochrome display of wide-angle, super bright LEDs with a 4" and 8.5" high, preloaded character set. Its contrast-enhancing polycarbonate face reduces glare and enhances message readability. This sign is guaranteed readable in direct sunlight.
Available in three cabinet sizes:
2 Module (VMS1358A/R1) is 13" H x 58" w x 5.5" H with a 16 x 96 Pixel Display
3 Module (VMS1385A/R1) is 13" H x 85" w x 5.5" H with a 16 x 144 Pixel Display
The Rebel Control Software includes easy message playlist setup, scheduling and a built-in auto-save. It supports RS485 serial communications and is compatible with Windows XP, Vista or higher. A PC is required to operate the system.
The sign cabinet is constructed of weather and corrosion-resistant aluminum and features a hinged cabinet face for easy installation and maintenance. A conformal coating protects the electronic components from outside elements, including dust. The sign is compatible with all Signal-Tech mounting options.
The Rebel™ Control Software
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7®
- Features a preloaded font style in 4" and 8.5" high characters and a library of symbols and arrows
- Supports message scrolling, paging and blinking transitions
- Easy message playlist set up; advanced 24 hour scheduling in 15 minute increments
- Control up to 32 different sign locations
- Built-in auto-save feature protects your schedules, messages and message groups
- Software updates available online
System Requirements for the Rebel™ Control Software
Personal computer (not included) with:
- Windows® XP®, Vista®, or 7® 32-bit and 64-bit with current updates applied
- Installed: .NET 3.5 Framework ServicePack 1
- CD or DVD Drive
- Keyboard and mouse or other compatible pointing device
- USB port
|Pixel Pitch||14 mm; 459 pixels per sq. ft.|
|Color Capability:||Red or Amber LED monochrome message display|
|LED Life Expectancy||100,000 hours|
|Viewing Angle:||100° horizontal x 40° vertical|
|Contrast Enhancement:||Matte finish, smoked polycarbonate|
|Service Access:||Front hinged access|
|Control Software:||Rebel™ Control Software|
|Power:||Universal Input (120-240 VAC), single phase|
|Communication:||USB to RS 485 Converter (32" L)|
|Compliance Information:||UL/cUL Listed for wet locations|